DELSON – April 16, 2019 – Good news for seniors in Candiac!
The Member for La Prairie, Jean-Claude Poissant, announced, on behalf of the Minister of Families, Children and Social Development, Jean-Yves Duclos, the granting of an amount of $ 3,840 to allow Club Ideal and the FADOQ to acquire a reversible carpet for their shuffleboard and petanque activities, and an additional $ 1,160 to allow them to have adequate lighting for their LED games. darts.
The announcement was made Tuesday, in the presence of Mayor Normand Dyotte and representatives of Club Ideal and FADOQ, Denis Beauchemin and Johanne Dubois.
“New Horizons is a program that is tailor-made for seniors to escape isolation,” said La Prairie MPP Jean-Claude Poissant. Beyond the amounts allocated, it also allows, and above all, to improve the quality of life of seniors. ”
Remember that the New Horizons program aims to meet five objectives:
• Promote volunteering among seniors and members of other generations;
• Encourage seniors to participate in the life of their community by mentoring others;
• Increase awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse;
• Support the social participation and inclusion of seniors;
• Provide capital assistance for new and existing community projects and programs for seniors.
Each community project is eligible to receive up to $ 25,000 per year, per organization, as a grant.
Organizations can apply for funding for community projects in one year, and another for pan-Canadian projects, when calls for proposals are open.
For information :
Normand Laberge Political Attaché
MP for La Prairie, Jean-Claude Poissant